The number one question I get is “Why is a Plant Based Lifestyle good for me?” Here is a short list of reasons why individuals should transition to a plant based lifestyle:
1. Improves cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
2. Lowers and/or eliminates High Blood Pressure;
3. Lowers and/or eliminates risks of Heart Disease, certain Cancers, Type 2 Diabetes, and Stroke;
4. Lowers and/or eliminates some Mental health illnesses, Allergies, and some Dermatologic issues;
5. Helps with weight loss and long term weight management;
6. Increases Brain strength and may play a strong role in slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s and dementia; and
7. Increased life span.
This is just a VERY short list of reasons, albeit, a very good list! When I speak of plants, I am speaking about vegetables, fruits, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds. Plants have no nutritional negatives; meaning - Plants work with your body, not against it.* Plants are what I call positive nutrition. Additionally, because there is no need for slaughtering a carrot or an eggplant, blood and blood borne diseases/bacteria are non-existent.
A plant based diet is rich in nutrients, colors, flavors, and possibilities. It is a lifestyle that can take the negative, like obesity and ill-health, and turn it around to healthy weight, energy, clarity, and optimum health and wellness.
Next time someone asks you about a plant based lifestyle, I hope the above will help you to explain in such a way that they too will want to start eating the Mer Made Way!
As always I love to hear from you and your comments are always welcome!
Merlinda (October 10, 2021)
*This is for the majority of the population. It is understood that some have low tolerance/allergies to certain foods.